Hi again loves! So I decided to make this blog feel a little more personal, so feel like my current followers should get to know me a little, therefore I am going to do the ‘get to know me’ tag where I answer 25 random questions about myself.
1) How tall are you?
I’m actually about 5″9 now.
2) Do you have a hidden talent? If so, what is it?
Not really a hidden one but I play piano. I can also do belly dance ‘belly flutters’… google it
3) What’s your biggest blog related pet peeve?
Hmm this is quite a hard one to answer. I guess when people just aren’t themselves, and when they kind of take the piss with being sent stuff…
4) What’s your biggest non-blog related pet peeve?
Probably when people are rude and unkind and bitchy. I believe you should be kind to everybody. You have no idea what someone is going through. Even when it comes down to little things like the way people treat waitresses/waiters or workers in retail, or holding a door open for someone. Don’t be an unkind person. Treat others the way you would like to be treated.
5) What’s your favourite song?
I hate when people ask me this because my favourite songs change ALL the time!! But in short, I am a massive Lady Gaga fan. My favourite genres are alternative, pop, musicals and classical. At the moment I am living for Ed Sheeran – Nancy Mulligan, MNEK – At Night, Sam Smith – Writings on the Wall, Ludovico Einaudi – Divenire … That gives you an idea of how random my music taste is.
6) What’s your favourite social media website?
I would definitely say Instagram for its artistic expression. Like a diary of pictures.
7) What’s your favourite way to spend your free time when you’re alone?
Apart from shopping, I just love to relax and give myself a pamper! Usually I’ll have a nice bath with a bath bomb, redo my fake tan and nails etc.
8) What’s your favourite junk food?
Oh my good lord KFC all the way. Tbh I am such a savoury over sweet girl.
9) Do you have any pets? If yes, what kind are they? And what are their names?
I do indeed! I have:
2 dogs, Meg the Border Collie and Max the Shih-Tzu
2 cats, Monty and Lou Lou
2 guinea pigs, Biscuit and Coco
10) What are your favourite fiction and non-fiction books?
I recently read a book that I loved called Asking For It by Louise O’Neill. I love Shakespeare and poetry. I love the Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald. I studied English Literature so there are too many books to mention really. In terms of non fiction, there’s a few fashion and photography books I like, but I’ve definitely been more interested in reading self help books recently which I am hoping to review in the future.
11) What’s your favourite beauty product or tool?
This is possibly the hardest question ever. Probably too hard to answer for me, but one that’s up there has got to be a dark brow gel. I have light invisible eyebrows and love the look of darker eyebrows with light blonde hair, so once I use eyebrow gel to coat the hairs it is much easier for me personally to pencil them in. This is the issue with having natural blonde hair.
12) When were you last embarrassed? And what happened?
I get embarrassed a lot… probably when people have told me what I’ve been saying when I’ve been drunk.
13) If you could only drink one beverage besides water for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Well if I were to say a beautiful Pinot then I would probably be pissed my whole life. Hmmm. Maybe cranberry juice.
14) What’s your favourite movie?
Captain Corelli’s Mandolin, Split, Titanic, Forrest Gump, Bridesmaids, The Holiday, Burlesque, The Danish Girl, Moulin Rouge, Pirates of the Caribbean…. I could go on and on, I absolutely love films.
15) What was your favourite subject at school, and why?
I loved Photography, it was my passion. I finished A Levels with an A* in it. I also loved Geography, English Lit and Drama and Music when I did them.
16) If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
Either Morocco, or I always say in a forest in America somewhere with a lake and lots of sun…North Carolina or something I don’t know.
17) PC or Mac?
PC. Macs confuse the living hell out of me, still wish I had one however.
18) Last romantic gesture from a crush, date, boyfriend, girlfriend, spouse, or friend?
Funny, I don’t usually receive romantic gestures. Sad but true. One of the best I’ve had was when an admirer sent a bunch of pink roses to my work.
19) Who’s your favourite celebrity?
Lady Gaga. My absolute idol.
20) What blogger do you secretly want to be best friends with?
Lydia Elise Millen. Seems so down to earth, has impeccable style and blog.
21) Who is your biggest inspiration?
Lady Gaga, my mum… but really there’s a lot more to it than that. People I see every day inspire me, stories I read about certain individuals, people I work with, customers I serve. You can take inspiration from anybody.
22) What is your favourite kind of blog to read?
I love fashion, interior design and travel blogs.
23) What is your favourite high street shop?
24) Are you in education? Or do you work?
Both! Work in Lush, study Photography at UWE.
25) What’s one thing you’re proud of?
The fact that I have overcome some very tricky moments in my life. Even when I wanted to end my life and mental health became a problem, I still carried on.
I hope this gave you more of an insight of what I am like!